Freitag, 6. Februar 2009

Preparing the trip - asian cooking in our kitchen

Hello also to our readers who do have an english-language background! I think that, since most of our german friends speak and read english quite well, we could just write these pages in english ;-)


Sandra and I start to really prepare for the trip - since I have never really tried to eat with chop sticks, here we go. And I also can´t stand spicy food. But I don´t want to be embarassing when we do couchsurf in asia, and people prepare great interesting things for us. So, Übung macht den Meister! We went to the asia-shop in the Gneisenaustraße, Kreuzberg, some real currypaste, chinese noodles, cocomilk, and fresh vegetables. Thanks to Jesko who explained via telephone how to do the curry-cocosauce in the pan, we created a nice hot "berlin-asian currycocopan".


By the way, we already did that a few weeks ago the first time, when my friend Ali and his girlfriend Yasemin were here for alis 30th birthday ;-) - but from then on, asian cooking became part of our lifestyle. I fear though that spicy in cambodia means an other "spicy" than the way sandra and I cook....

1 Kommentar:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!!

    Liebe Grüße von Melanie, Rene, Sylvia und Michel!!!!
    Viel Glück auf eurer weiteren Reise!!!

    Knutscha

    AntwortenLöschen